Cathedral Church of the Polish Army of Mary Queen of Poland
King Władysław IV of the Order of Piarists requested to build the cathedral in 1642. The structure was rebuilt in the Baroque style after the structure was burned to ashes by the Swedes. The church was renamed the Orthodox Church, and its Baroque décor was dismissed from the interior right after the November Uprising. The church was transferred to the ownership of the army after Poland reclaimed liberty. The church became a garrison church since 1920, and it has been the headquarters of the Military Department of the Polish Army from 1991.
Warsaw Uprising Monument Plac Krasińskich
The thousands of heroes of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising was commemorated through the monument, having defended the occupiers for 63 days under painfully uncertain odds who gave their lives for their homeland. The monument has two-part. Presented the fighters as they crawl out from under a bridge support is the first part, while the fighters entering the canal system was shown in the second part. Located on Plac Krasińskich, there is an entry into the canal system used to escape from the Germans.
Krasiński Palace (Pałac Krasińskich)
This palace is considered one of the most beautiful palaces in Warsaw and Poland. It is also called the Palace of the Republic of Poland and constructed in the Baroque style, now one of the seats of the National Library but was formerly the seat of the supreme court. Learn more about Krasinski Palace (Warsaw).
In the palace, miraculously survived the horrors of war are many manuscripts, that includes those by Załuskich and Rapperswil Ska, as well other one-of-a-kind books.
One of the oldest streets of Warsaw is Ulica Długa. The street was a route leading to Sochaczew and Łowicz during Middle Ages. The street’s unique width as for the street in the area of the New Town because during the Middle Ages period, the street served as the marketplace.
Raczyński Palace was rebuilt in the neoclassical style when improvements were being made but originally built in the early 18th century. Kazimierz Raczyński is one of the owners of the palace and participated in the Targowica Confederation, whose purpose was to oust the May 3rd Constitution. In 1944, rebels took hold of the palace and arranged a hospital inside during the Warsaw Uprising. On September 1, 1944, the Germans burst into the hospital and shot about 430 of the injured, for which a commemorative plaque hangs on the palace’s outer wall after the heroic capitulation of the Old Town. The Palace is the home of the Main Archive of Old Files and was rebuilt in 1948-1950.